On the edge, in the cloud, ANSI/BICSI 002-2019 does them all.
ANSI/BICSI 002-2019, BICSI’s international best-seller, covers all major systems found within a data center. Written by industry professionals from all major disciplines, this standard not only lists what a data center requires, but also provides ample recommendations on the best methods of implementing a design to fulfill your specific needs.
While the traditional data center continues to be the focus, the breadth of content can also be applied to modular, containerized, edge, and hyper-scale data centers.
Additions and revisions for the 2019 version include heat rejection and cooling systems, provisioning of Lithium-ion batteries, colocation planning, support for Open Compute Project® concepts and infrastructure, and the expansion of the commissioning process. Revision work also included refining or moving data center operations content into BICSI 009-2019.
As the appointed BICSI ADTP for courses DD102 & PM 102, students who enroll in courses with TECLA can purchase the Manual with free Shipping. Non-students can also purchase the Manual at a non-member price.
As the foundation standard for data center design, BICSI 002 features 17 chapters and 9 appendices, spread over 550 pages, covering the following and more:
- Design methodology
- Facilities, cabling, network, services, and applications
- Datacenter service outsourcing
- Site selection and space planning
- Modular and “container ” data centers
- Site services and hazards
- Traditional and open concepts
- Structural and architectural
- Electrical systems
- Utility to ITE power systems
- Standby and backup power systems
- DC power
- Mechanical systems
- Security and fire
- Architectural, electronic, and physical security
- Fire safety for chimneys and aisle enclosures
- Facility and building systems
- IP-enabled/intelligent systems
- Telecommunications infrastructure
- Cabling media and connectivity
- Hot and cold aisles
- Cabinet airflow and cabling capacity
- Network infrastructure
- Data center commissioning & maintenance
- Energy efficiency
- Multi-site data center architecture
- Colocation Planning
BICSI 002 serves as reference material for the DCDCTM credential. Learn more about the DCDC here.
- The price offered is a hardcopy/Download version. (Student have to Provide BICSI ID number to claim the download version)
- For a student who wants to purchase a print and download version (Combo) go to www.bicsi.org to purchase directly.
- For students who have enrolled or registered for DC102 courses on the TECLA website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request student rates.
- This offer applies to Malaysians only.
*TECLA is the appointed BICSI ADTP for courses DD102, DC102, & PM 102, students who enroll in courses with TECLA can purchase the Manual with free Shipping. Non-students can also purchase the Manual at a non-member price.