(20th – 24th March 2023_In-Person Class) DD102: Applied Best Practices for Telecommunications Distribution Design
About This Course
Venue: To be Confirm, Malaysia
EARLY BIRD 5% DISCOUNT – Preregister at least 45 days in advance to qualify.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to collect rebate code.
An intensive, hands-on, and a comprehensive course focused on the design of structured cabling systems, DD102 guides you in handling real-world tasks, preparing you for design roles outside of the classroom, with assignments from the award-winning Telecommunications Distribution Methods Manual (TDMM) to augment your learning.
Those who achieve the RCDD designation can demonstrate their knowledge in the creation, planning, integration, execution, and/or detailed-oriented project management of telecommunications and data communications technology.
- Codes, standards, and regulations
- Telecommunications pathways and spaces
- Backbone and horizontal distribution systems
- Bonding and grounding (Earthing)
- Telecommunications administration
- Outside plant (OSP) and campus cabling
- Selected project management topics
About the BICSI RCDD Certification
RCDDs set the benchmark for the ICT industry. In order to prepare you for this elite designation, our DD102 course plays an essential role. Critical to building infrastructure development, this BICSI flagship program involves the design and implementation of telecommunications distribution systems.
Being recognized as a BICSI RCDD has many advantages, including:
- Global recognition by ICT Community and employers as a Subject Matter Expert
- Lucrative job, promotion and higher salary opportunities
- Enhanced professional credibility.
- Required in bids and job requirements.
- Opens doors and new opportunities for career growth.
Can I Earn Credit?
Yes, you can earn 37 continuing education credits (CECs) toward an existing BICSI credential recertification requirement, upon successfully completing this program.
What Is the Attendance Policy?
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the Certificate of Completion and 37 CECs. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirements will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the program.
*Please note that this is not the RCDD Certification, which requires a special exam application
To successfully participate in our virtual classroom training, you will need:
- Laptop, desktop, or tablet that meets the system requirements.
- Microphone and speakers (headset recommended*)
- Standalone webcams and/or mobile device cameras for class activities.
- Internet connection – 1 Mbps or better (broadband recommended) | 3G connection or better (WiFi recommended for VoIP audio)
What Course Materials Are Required?
- Students must bring the Telecommunications Distribution Methods Manual (TDMM) 14th edition, print or electronic, to class.
BICSI® is a-world renowned association, supporting the information and communications technology (ICT) industry. Headquartered in Florida, USA, BICSI membership spans nearly 100 countries, with many governments and corporate sectors being endorsed BICSI ICT professionals, through Credentials Certification Programs, courses, conferences, and publications.
TECLA is BICSI’s Authorized Design Training Provider (ADTP) in Southeast Asia for DD102, DC102, and PM102 courses. All our trainers are highly trained and BICSI certified professionals.
For more information, please contact us.
If you are a BICSI Subscription Member, please email us your BICSI Subscription ID to enquire about Member Rates. If you would like to claim from HRDF(Malaysia company only), please email us with your Student Name, Company Name, Company Registration No., Address and Email.
- • Minimum 2 years experience in the design and specifications of cabling infrastructure systems.
- If you do not meet these requirements, BICSI strongly recommends that you complete the DD101: Foundations of Telecommunications Distribution Design course prior to enrolling in DD102.
- • Individuals preparing to take the RCDD Exam.
- • Individuals looking for a review of telecommunications distribution systems.
- • ICT designers with at least 2 years on-the-job experience in low-voltage cabling systems.
- • Professionals responsible for designing IP-enabled building systems (e.g., security, AV, HVAC).
- • Companies who want to send their employees to gain knowledge about ICT design & implementation.